Monday, April 27, 2015

How We Learn Introduction to Project

I am interested in learning about how our brains learn and why some people learn by traditional methods more than other people who do not learn by traditional methods.

Traditional methods include commonly used forms of teaching in school like lectures, note-taking, worksheets, or textbook reading and responses. These methods reach the traditional learner, but how do non-traditional learners learn?

Exploration of themes such as learning styles, brain processing physiology, dyslexia, and online assessments that uncover how best we learn will be explored.

I want to create an online resource about how we learn for high school students who feel different than other students and need to understand the way their brains work and what techniques will help them be most successful.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is so interesting. I am not a conventional learner at all, myself, so I would love to find out more about what will help me too. It would be so nice to get some insight on this and figure out what works and what doesn't. I know I learn by teaching and presenting. It requires so much prep work that it all really sinks in.

    ReplyDelete