Monday, April 27, 2015

Interview with my Mentor



Where did you go to school?

I earned my BA in psychology from National University, and my MA in psychology from Pepperdine University. 

What is your background in research?

I volunteered as a research assistant at The Center for Understanding and Treating Anxiety at San Diego State University's Department of Psychology, and The Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Disorder Program and The Positive Emotion and Anxiety Research Laboratory at the University of California, San Diego's Department of Psychiatry. 

Do you do other volunteer work?

I volunteer my time as Secretary of the Board of Directors for Street of Dreams--Musicians for Education out of San Diego, Western Youth Services out of Los Angeles, and The Anxiety and Depression Association of America's (ADAA) Public Education Committee. 

What memberships do you belong to?

I am a member of the Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapy (ABCT). 

Do you contribute to any blogs?

I recently began blogging on the Huffington Post, as an affiliate of ADAA, discussing anxiety and depression. 

What are your future plans?

I will be applying to doctoral programs this December in hopes of earning my PhD in Clinical Psychology. 

Thank you for this information. I am looking forward to us working together on this project.

3 comments:

  1. Well, she certainly sounds qualified to help guide you through this as far a the content of your site is concerned. I'm sure you can learn a lot by working with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're not going to have any problems with content. She sounds very well-qualified. I love this concept, by the way. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, it seems that your mentor is more than capable of helping you with this project. Yours is a great idea, and I am excited to see where it goes!

    ReplyDelete