Monday, April 27, 2015

The Proposal

20% Written Proposal 

This page outlines my proposed project.

1. What is your project?

My project is to develop an online resource for high school students to explore how their brains learn and think about concepts. 

2. Who will you work with?

I plan to work with my step-sister, Sarah. I have chosen her for my mentor because of her background in psychology and counseling. She is a researcher and will be able to provide valuable assistance to me on this project.

3. Who is the audience?

My audience will be high school students. 

4. Why is this project worthwhile?

This project is worthwhile because it is important for students to understand that they may think and learn differently than others. It is valuable to research informative sites and consolidate the resources into one area. 

5. What do you expect to learn from this project?

First, I want to understand how my mind thinks and learns. Then I want to extend my insights to others. In doing this, my learning can be extended to a broader audience.

6. What product will you show at the end of the year?

I will show a web page that is complete with links to videos, online assessments, and factual websites.

7. What sort of expenses will be involved?

There may be some costs to have myself tested by some experts to better understand how my brain works. 

8. What sort of equipment will you need?

I will be working with my mentor using gotomeeting. I will need a computer with a video camera and access to gotomeeting which I have through my parents' office.

9. What is the timeline for completing your project?

The final project will be completed by the date set. I will work weekly on the project until its completion.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds really interesting Daniel. Do you have someone who can help you with the web design? Will you pay for a domain name? or will you try to launch your site through a free host?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud to be your mentor on this, Daniel! I think it is a great idea that will help a lot of people.
    Sarah Knapp

    ReplyDelete