Thursday, May 21, 2015

Reflection

The main purpose of my project was to be able to reach out to others who may be having a tough time in school. I want them to know that there are others who feel the same way and that there are other options for ways to learn.

I have learned much about our minds and how they are able to analyse information differently depending on the type of thinking pattern your brain prefers. This project to gave me the opportunity to learned much about myself as well. Because of this research I am better able to better understand myself which I can then use to help others who are willing to listen.

When I started this project I felt jealous of the people who could open a mind-numbing Biology book and understand everything with one or two read throughs. I was unable to reach my full potential when doing this because of words moving on the page, reading flipped and obscure letters, trouble focusing and so forth. So I began thinking of Dyslexia as a setback, but this project gave me the opportunity to research much about my own mind. After this research I feel that Dyslexia is more of brain modification, than a setback. The reason I feel this way is because although Dyslexia may cause me some trouble, it also allows me to think and look at things differently than others. I feel this project was a success because I set out to learn about myself and came back with knowledge about minds, brains, and the inter-workings of both. I know know that being different isn't all bad. :)

1 comment:

  1. "After this research I feel that Dyslexia is more of brain modification, than a setback." That's exactly right! I hope this shift in perspective will help you as you continue your education.

    ReplyDelete