Monday, May 4, 2015

The Dyslexia Mind

There is a lot of misunderstanding about dyslexia. It is interesting to learn more about dyslexia. For many students who struggle in school, their minds learning differently than other students could be part of the reason. Also if schools are not teaching the way a person with dyslexia learns, the person will have challenges. If you want to explore dyslexia, Sarah and I have provided some informative links. The first two links are general tests you can take but keep in mind, these tests do not diagnose but just give you an idea about whether or not you might be dyslexic. 

Dyslexia tests online:


People tend to think of dyslexics as having brains that don't work well or have a glitch. When I watched this video, I related a lot to the presenter's examples. The video is brief but very informative. The animations are cool.


There are a lot of groups now that are supporting dyslexia as an advantage or gift. These two links are interesting to read if you or someone you know has dyslexia. 


http://www.happydyslexic.com/node/6 

Here is a link to the video I created showing how I made my bridge for my math class. I added effects to the video so it is interesting. You don't have to download the video, you can simply watch it in the dropbox viewer just by click on this link and waiting a few seconds for it to load. As a person with dyslexia, I was able to use my creativity to complete this project, even though it will be smashed to kingdom come when it's tested for how much weight it will hold. 



No comments:

Post a Comment